Jim Gray of Hood River, OR
Paul Sherbo of Sherwood, OR
Ross Lisle of Portland, OR
Galaxies Northwest is a car club focused on the preservation and display of Ford "Galaxie" cars produced from 1959 to 1974 to the public for their education and enjoyment.
Stand by for an update in August. Meetings are also on hold for now.
Greetings fellow club members
I hope you are enjoying the summer weather, and getting your beloved Galaxies out for some fun in spite of the current situation.
Please see below for some club updates:
- We want to thank Jim and Linda Gray for hosting our outing on July 11. We did a cruise though the beautiful Hood River Valley and then gathered outside at the Gray’s home and had a terrific dinner of Linda’s famous smoked prime rib along with some fried chicken and side dishes, some of which were contributed by club members. Pictures from the outing are at the end of this email. There will be a formal write up on the event and more pictures in our Fall newsletter.
- As you might imagine, there is mostly bad news about shows that were scheduled for the summer. Everything on our list is either postponed or cancelled due to the pandemic. We may have another event at a members home in September, depending on how the Covid situation evolves. Stand by for an update in August. Meetings are also on hold for now.
- We have been invited to attend a couple of events that are being put on by the Mount Hood Mustang and Ford Club. You can view their calendar of events at: http://www.mhmf.com/event-
calendar/ and sign up for any which you want to attend. Our contact is Carol Carns, the activity director.
- We are in process of finalizing the shirt designs and I will have some final versions to distribute next month. We will then review for pricing when we have prospective quantities.
- I want to thank all who contributed advice in response to an email from request from a new potential member in Enumclaw, WA. This was from a gentleman who has a 16 year old son who wants to undertake restoration of the family's beloved 1965 Galaxie. Your replies were numerous and helpful! I believe we will have a new club member as a result.
On behalf of the Club, our best wishes go out to you all for a pleasant and peaceful summer. We urge all to stay safe, and if there is any assistance the club can offer for your cars or other specific need, please do not hesitate to let me know.
503 860 6301